Friday, January 11, 2013

Finger-less Gloves


Fashion Friday

One of the things I love to do is find accessories that are pretty as well as practical.
I saw these beauties at our local TJ Maxx and stopped dead in my tracks.

Fingerless Gloves... with sequins!

Beautifully Cozy
I was Christmas shopping with Mark and had to call attention to how cool I thought they were. Of course, he brushed me off and I couldn’t buy them for myself right before the holidays. So I reluctantly hung them back up while imagining them as an accessory to my modern-cut ¾ sleeve wool coat.

My husband, being the man he is, totally had me fooled and I found them tucked in my stocking on Christmas morning. YAY!

Beautiful: Hello?? Sequins, Designer Brand… Must I say more??

Calvin Klein
Practical: Kindergarten teachers must tie at least 4 shoes on average a day and usually as we are walking out the door, not to mention zipping up to 38 coats twice a day for recess and dismissal. (Here's to hoping these skills are mastered ASAP!) Not too easy to accomplish when fingers are trapped in cumbersome gloves. Mittens- forget it!

Perfect Length for 3/4 Sleeves

I have seen finger-less gloves with those little mitten fold- overs, but I don't really like my fingers enclosed at all. I don't like to wear socks to bed either -no matter how cold my feet are I've always told Mark it feels like I'm suffocating if I do have them on. I feel the same way when I have my hands covered. 

If my fingers get too cold, I just tuck them in my pockets. These little beauties  are absolutely pretty and practical for this kindergarten teacher!


I would love to hear what accessories or fashion finds you have that might be pretty and practical. Post a comment to share your ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment