Sunday, January 6, 2013

Household Management Binder


Management Monday


I figured I would start my management section with a post about my system for managing all the things related to our home. I have read a lot of information on organizing websites and blogs about different techniques for keeping thing organized including tray systems, folders, and binders. I have always used binders as a way or organize my study materials for college classes as well as lesson plans and curriculum materials for my classroom.

So… I decided to make a household management binder to keep organized at home.


Binder Management: Household, Blog, & Christmas

I found many ideas on how to categorize and create a binder on websites and personal blogs, but my favorite has to be found on Organized Home.

I really like that they created downloadable forms for free. I love anything for free of course and the fact that hers are color coordinated and kinda cute really grabbed my interest. When I first saw how many categories and lists and forms they had created I was a little overwhelmed, but just had to remind myself that I didn’t have to use them all if they didn’t work for me. SO that’s what I did. I selected a few categories and downloaded the forms that I needed and created my own for any that were not available.

The categories I use are as follows:




Address Book: Includes birthdays and anniversaries as well as addresses

Cleaning: A weekly cleaning schedule and detailed cleaning list for each area of the home

Weekly Cleaning Schedule

Finances:

Calendar of when bills are due
Login information for bill     payment websites

Balance book-I found mine at Staples, just took the cover and binding off since it was already three hole punched and ready for this section of my binder


Keeping Track of Finances
Menu:

                Weekly Menu Planner

                Monthly Menu Planner

                Recipes

Vehicles:             

                Car Insurance Information

                Maintenance record

Websites:

                Login information for all the websites I subscribe to ( not bill related)

Medical:

                Order forms for mail order prescriptions

                Contact information for our doctors

Miscellaneous:

Right now- this section only has the list of books my book club selected for the month, as well as the list of books I own/want to own. (The titles highlighted in orange I already have).

Book Inventory

I am working on a section that will be used to organize my photographs. As soon as I got a digital camera I ended up with tons of files on my computer, and very few printed out. I want to print all my photos and put them in boxes to view, as well as put them on an external hard drive so I can store it in my “Emergency Box” (which I have yet to create) to grab in case of a fire or other disaster.

Future Project: Photo Checklist


This is a system that has really worked for me. I created this binder over a year ago and it has really streamlined how I manage my finances, paperwork, and other tidbits that go along with keeping house. What system do you use and how has it helped you become more organized?

No comments:

Post a Comment